Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our site.
Summary of some of your key rights:
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that up to 14 days after receiving your goods, in most cases, you can change your mind and get a full refund.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product you are entitled to the following:
- up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund;
- up to six months: if they can't be repaired or replaced, then you are entitled to a full refund, in most cases;
- up to six years: if the goods do not last a reasonable length of time, you may be entitled to some money back.
This is a summary of some of your key rights. For detailed information from Citizens Advice please visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The information in this summary box summarises some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below which you should read carefully.
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
In this contract:
- We, us or our means Lion Chess of 35 Burnside Road, Largs KA30 9BY; and
- You or Your means the person using our site to buy goods from us.
If you don't understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by:
- email email@example.com; and
- telephone (0044) 1475 674 305.
Who are we?
We are Lion Chess of 35 Burnside Road, Largs KA30 9BY.
The details of this contract will not be filed with any relevant authority by us.
All these documents form part of this contract as though set out in full here.
- If you buy goods on our site you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- When buying any goods you also agree to be legally bound by:
- our website terms and conditions and any documents referred to in them;
- extra terms which may add to, or replace some of, this contract. This may happen for security, legal or regulatory reasons. We will contact you to let you know if we intend to do this by giving you one month's notice.
- Information we give you
- By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made. If you want to see this key information, please:
- read the acknowledgement email (see clause 3.2.1); or
- contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
- If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
- Ordering goods from us
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- You place an order on the site by selecting the goods and the quantity of each good that you wish to purchase from our online shop and complete the online checkout process which you will be prompted through. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process (e.g. when you click on the 'Pay and Complete Order' button, we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the goods are unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment;
- we suspect fraudulent activities;
- you have ordered too many goods; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this ("Confirmation Email", or “Order Despatch Confirmation Email”). At this point:
- a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- we will dispatch the goods to you.
- Right to cancel this contract
- Subject to clause 4.2, you have the right to cancel a contract for the purchase of goods from the site within 14 days without giving any reason.
- Your right to cancel a contract in accordance with clause 4.1 above does not apply to goods that:
- are personalised; or
- are bespoke or made to your own specification
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day:
- in the case of a sales contract: on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods’; or
- in the case of a contract relating to multiple goods ordered by you in one order and delivered separately: on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last item.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or email). You can use the model cancellation form set out in the box below, but it is not obligatory.
To Lion Chess of 35 Burnside Road, Largs KA30 9BY
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/the supply of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*] Delete as appropriate
- Effects of Cancellation
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- you shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- you will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
- you are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
- We use Royal Mail to deliver our goods. If you want to see your delivery options, visit our webpage 'Delivery' on the site before you place your order.
- The estimated date and time window for delivery of the goods is set out in the Confirmation Email (see clause 3.2.3).
- If something happens which:
we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the goods.
- is outside of our control; and
- affects the estimated date of delivery;
- Delivery of the goods will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your goods within 30 days, we will:
- let you know;
- cancel your order; and
- give you a refund.
- If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- You are responsible for the goods when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take possession of the goods.
- We may deliver your goods in instalments. If you want to see whether your goods may be delivered in this way, click on the webpage 'Delivery' on the site at any time during the online checkout process.
- We accept the following payment methods:
Please note, we do not accept cash.
- credit cards and debit cards: Mastercard, Maestro, Visa and American Express; and
- We will do all that we reasonably can to ensure that all of the information you give us when paying for the goods is secure by using an encrypted secure payment mechanism. However, in the absence of negligence on our part we will not be legally responsible to you for any loss that you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any information that you give us.
- Your credit card or debit card or PayPal account will be charged when you complete the checkout process.
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. We may also need to use extra security steps via:
- Verified by Visa: https://www.visa.co.uk/pay-with-visa/featured-technologies/verified-by-visa.html;
- Mastercard®SecureCodeTM: https://www.mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/frequently-asked-questions.html; or
- American Express SafeKey: https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/content/safekey-information.html.
- If your payment is not received by us and you have already received the goods, you:
- must pay for such goods within 30 days; or
- must return them to us as soon as possible. If so, you must keep the goods in your possession, take reasonable care of them (including ensuring that you follow any instructions or manuals given with the goods) and not use them before you return them to us.
- If you do not return any goods (such as where you have not paid for them) we may collect the goods from you at your expense. We will try to contact you to let you know if we intend to do this.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during the ‘cooling off’ period under Clauses 4 and 5.
- The price of the goods:
- is either in pounds sterling (£) (GBP); or
- is in euros (€) (EUR);
- includes VAT at the applicable rate for shipments to Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic and Poland;
- does not include the cost of delivering the goods (delivery is calculated in the shopping cart, and is indicated before you place the order).
- Nature of the goods
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods:
- are of satisfactory quality;
- are fit for purpose;
- match the description, sample or model; and
- are installed properly (if we install any goods).
- We must provide you with goods that comply with your legal rights.
- The packaging of the goods may be different from that shown on the site.
- While we try to make sure that all sizes and measurements set out on the site are as accurate as possible as some items are handcrafted there may be minor variations including but, not limited to, items that are handcrafted from natural materials, where there will also be variations in colour.
- Any goods sold:
will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
- at discount prices;
- as remnants; or
- as substandard;
- Faulty goods
- Your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’), are set out at the top of this contract. They are a summary of your key rights. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- visit our webpage 'Returns' on the site;
- contact us using the contact details at the top of this page; or
- visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want:
- us to repair the goods;
- us to replace the goods;
- a price reduction; or
- to reject the goods and get a refund.
- End of the contract
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
- Limit on our responsibility to you
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with:
please contact us as soon as possible.
- the goods;
- our service to you; or
- any other matter;
- If you want to take court proceedings, the courts of Scotland will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
- The law of Scotland will apply to this contract.
- Third party rights
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.